WHAT TO KNOW ABOUT CHOOSING YOUR CHAIN
A Simple Guide to Choosing Your Chain:
Chains are trending and in demand like never before. Read on for four easy steps to guide the selection process
Quicken the experience with these four simple steps:
- What chain style? Box chain, cable chain, rope chain, wheat chain, or something else?
- What metal quality? Ever-popular yellow gold, on-trend rose gold, or perhaps a white metal?
- What length? We offer our chains in the most popular sizes and also custom lengths.
- What type of clasp? From lobster clasps to trigger clasps, three x seven has a comprehensive assortment of wholesale necklace clasps and other findings, like jump rings.
1. Start with a chain style
three x seven Jewelry’s four best-selling styles — cable, wheat, rope, and box chains — are the most popular styles.
In general, dainty chains (around 1mm) are popular for women, and larger-width chains (above 3mm) are popular for men. But in recent years, larger widths are becoming popular for both men and women.
2. Decide on metal quality
Yellow gold tends to be the preferred metal choice for our customers. Neither gold nor sterling silver is gender specific.
three x seven Jewelry offers a wide assortment of metal qualities:
- 10k, 14k, and 18k white, yellow, and rose gold
- Sterling silver
- Gold-filled, gold-plated, and rhodium-plated sterling silver
3. Determine chain length
When it comes down to gender, women gravitate toward 16” and 18”, while men generally look for longer lengths like 20” and 24”.
Layering has become a huge trend, specifically when it comes to necklaces. By layering the varying lengths of a chain (with or without a pendant), customers can express their own personal style.
4. Pick A Clasp Assembly
For a price point item, a spring ring is a suitable clasp choice. And for a more substantial chain, a lobster clasp is commonly used.
The guide below to help when choosing your chains.